Monday, December 21, 2009

Follow up appt

My doctor's office squeezed me in this morning for my follow up appointment and my blood pressure is still really high. I actually met with the doctor today for the first time, because I was strictly see the midwives before this. He was really nice and right away started feeling around my belly and was all "you're Breech" (the babies head is facing up instead of down in the pelvis). I was like that is news to me, the midwifes had never grabbed my belly like that before. They always just assumed that she was head down because of where they heard her heart beat. So, he brought in the ultrasound machine and sure enough her little head is right up by my ribs! If she doesn't move in the next two weeks I will have to have a C-section, which I REALLY don't want!!!

I am now monitoring my blood pressure at home and have another follow up on Christmas Eve and the Monday following. If my blood pressure doesn't settle down we may deliver early at 37 weeks. However, I am really glad I did end up having to see my doctor or I wouldn't have found out I was Breech until delivery and probably would have had to have an emergency C-section!!

1 comment:

  1. Gemma & I will be thinking lots of happy thoughts for you and baby Vivia. I know all about not wanting a C-Section, that was my biggest fear, but always keep in mind, they are going to do what is best for baby and you.

    ReplyDelete