Thursday, January 21, 2010

Me again



OK my faithful readers, you have convinced me to write again. Judy is pretty occupied with our stinky baby so here I go.

We have been adjusting pretty well so far. Today we had our one week checkup (Monday we had Vivia's post-hospital checkup), and even though we knew later in the day we would be facing tornado warnings and crazy wind, we still made it there on time. One hour, several diapers, and about a gallon of B milk later we learned that Vivia has passed her birth weight already (she went from 7-13, to 7-3, to 7-2.5, to 7-8, now 7-14) and has now grown about 1 3/4 inches. The doctor was impressed, saying that usually happens at about the 2 week mark. We think Vivia feels intimidated by the size of her sweet cousin Gemma (more on that later) and is on a mission. Anyway afterwards we went to the hospital for her second PKU test (aka stab the heel and watch it bleed). She was a champ and made a little whine but just went back to sleep.

Life at home has been great. I am loving being home from work and don't know how I will go back next week. I am normally very restless and have to occupy myself with something, but I can spend all day watching Vivia sleep. She makes us laugh with her strange sounds, endless faces, and super stretches. She makes us stop laughing when the diaper comes off - seriously, where is the pause button? I've gotten better at catching the flow, but I must have washed the changing table pad things we have about 7 times.

Vivia spends most of her time sleeping on top of someone (she knows once we set her down and starts fussing) or being Judy's little parasite. She must have spent 25 of yesterday's 24 hours eating. We have pretty much been doing the same thing, our families have been awesome and loading us up with all kinds of food and our fridge is full! I am loving this because Gordon Ramsey fears my cooking skills, but with all the extra food I am off the hook. Our master bedroom has become the dining room, we've had pizza parties, sandwich parties, burrito parties, and all sorts of fun.

My sister Melanie brought her sweet little (big?) Gemma over, who's one month older than Vivia. You can see the cute pictures we have of them together, it was tons of fun. Both the girls kinda stared at each other for a minute and didn't know what to do (the babies, not Judy & Mel). A few squirms and stretches later and we had some crying on our hands. Mel also lent her hands to help with Vivia's first bath, which was lots of fun!

I'm totally out of interesting things to say, so here's where I revert to bullet points:

  • Conan should not be canceled. He has been making us laugh all week.
  • Ghostbusters the video game is fun, but Vivia and I fell asleep playing it
  • Mark Curtis on channel 12 is totally Tom Tucker from Family Guy
  • my butt is numb from sitting on the bed typing this
  • I have a boppy on right now as Vivia naps on me
  • my hands are perpetually cold, which Vivia hates. She cries like the dickens when I have to change her and touch her bare skin
  • Judy is getting better each day. Still hard for her to do a lot of moving and activity, but she is loads better than she was at the beginning of the week.
I'm done. Before I go, don't you find it funny that we've been getting drenched all day, all the tv shows have been getting interrupted with "BREAKING NEWS UPDATES", yet the news channels still find it necessary to have their "teaser" commercials that say, "Rain in the valley, and lots of wind! Tonight at 10."

Duh?

2 comments:

  1. gemma looks like such a chub compared to vivia. especially with the double chin. sweet baby.

    and we concur about conan. we have been postponing bedtime every night this week because we want to get our conan fix before he goes off the air. always been my favorite.

    boycott leno!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny note - my word verification for the last comment was "burros"

    ReplyDelete